Does Your Face Swell After Rhinoplasty?

Does Your Face Swell After Rhinoplasty?

Does your face swell after rinoplasty? Most patients experience mild to moderate swelling after the procedure. In rare cases, the swelling can be severe. Nevertheless, the swelling should not cause too much harm, and it will fade away within a couple of weeks. Although you should avoid taking too much ice and salt to reduce the swelling, it is still advisable to take care of your face.

Does your face swell after rinoplasty? How long does it take to heal? The duration of swelling will vary from person to person. Some patients experience slight swelling, while others notice moderate to large swelling. If the nose swells excessively, it is recommended to consult a doctor immediately after the surgery. A bruising effect may occur, but it is not a cause for concern.

After the surgery, 90% of the swelling will subside. After the first two weeks, the remaining 10% of swelling will disappear. After this period, patients can resume normal daily activities. Some people will notice some bruising under the eye area. The full result may take several months, and will not be apparent for a few weeks. However, most people will notice that the face swells significantly after the procedure.

Does your face swell after rinoplasty? If so, how long does the facial swelling last? The face will recover more quickly after a closed rhinoplasty. If you are active and do not exercise much, swelling will disappear within two weeks. If your facial swelling is less, you can return to work in as little as three days. There is no need to worry. Most patients recover well within two weeks.

After the operation, the swelling may last for several months. The swelling will disappear within a few weeks. During the first week, the swelling may not be as bad as you think. Some patients experience a slight discoloration. If your face swells, it will subside within a few days. Your doctor will probably prescribe an ice pack. The doctor will prescribe this as needed to prevent further discoloration.

It is normal for your face to swell after rhinoplasty. It is normal to experience some bruising. Your doctor will prescribe antibiotics and other medications. If your face swells more than normal, your surgeon will likely recommend you avoid strenuous exercise. Your surgeon will explain to you how to avoid these bruising symptoms.

 After rhinoplasty, your face may be red, swollen, and may even have swelling in the lower portion. But don’t worry, there are ways to deal with the swelling. Do you sleep on your side or lie on your back. If you sleep in a prone position, the swelling may be reduced and your facial skin will be smooth.


    Schedule a Consultation Today

    The Seattle Rhinoplasty Center

    William A. Portuese, M.D.
    Rhinoplasty Expert®

    Seattle, Washington 98104

    (206) 624-6200

    Schedule an Appointment